See also: United Nations member states and Secretary-General of the United Nations
The UN has six principle organs:
* The General Assembly (the main deliberative assembly);
* The Security Council (decides certain resolutions for peace and security);
* The Economic and Social Council (assists in promoting international economic and social cooperation and development);
* The Secretariat (provides studies, information, and facilities needed by the UN);
* The International Court of Justice (the primary judicial organ).
* The United Nations Trusteeship Council (currently inactive)
The UN also includes various Funds, Programmes and specialized agencies:
o Food and Agriculture Organization
o International Labour Organization
o International Maritime Organization
o International Refugee Organization
o Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS
o United Nations Atomic Energy Commission
o United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
o United Nations Development Programme
o United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
o United Nations Environment Programme
o United Nations Industrial Development Organization
o United Nations International Drug Control Programme
o World Health Organization (WHO)
o World Intellectual Property Organization
o World Meteorological Organization
o World Tourism Organization
* The UN maintains various offices:
o United Nations Headquarters (New York City)
o United Nations Office at Geneva
o United Nations Office at Nairobi
o United Nations Office at Vienna
 Environmental organizations
* The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
 Migration organizations
* International Organization for Migration (IOM)
 Maritime organizations
See also: Admiralty law, United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, international waters, and territorial waters
* International Hydrographic Organization
* International Maritime Organization
* International Seabed Authority
 Arms control and nuclear power organizations
Main articles: Arms control and weapon of mass destruction
* Conference on Disarmament
* Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons
* Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
* Wassenaar Arrangement
* Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG)
* Australia Group (AG)
* Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR)
See also: List of weapons of mass destruction treaties and Naval conference
 Nuclear power
Main articles: Nuclear power, Nuclear weapon, Nuclear proliferation, and Nuclear disarmament
* European Atomic Energy Community
* International Atomic Energy Agency
* International Centre for Synchrotron-Light for Experimental Science Applications in the Middle East
* ITER International Organization
* Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization
* Nuclear Energy Agency
* United Nations Atomic Energy Commission
* World Association of Nuclear Operators
See also: CERN and International Commission on Radiological Protection
 Financial, trade, and customs organizations
See also: Multilateral development bank, International financial institutions, List of trade blocs, List of free trade agreements, Central bank, Bretton Woods system, and Cartel
* African Development Bank
* Asian Development Bank
* Bank for International Settlements
* Black Sea Trade and Development Bank (BSTDB)
* Caribbean Development Bank (CDB)
* Central American Bank for Economic Integration (CABEI)
* Corporacion Andina de Fomento (CAF)
* East African Development Bank (EADB)
* European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
* European Communities (EC)
* European Investment Bank (EIB)
* Inter-American Development Bank
* International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
* International Development Law Organization (IDLO)
* International Monetary Fund (IMF)
* Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
* Nederlandse Financieringsmaatschappij voor Ontwikkelingslanden NV (FMO)
* Nordic Development Fund (NDF)
* Nordic Investment Bank (NIB)
* OPEC Fund for Internati
Contains data on revenue, expense, and transactions in assets and liabilities for the general government sector and its subsectors, such as military expenses or tax revenue. Time series present annual combined statistics on detailed revenues and expenditures for all levels of government.
Topics covered include deficit/surplus or total financing, revenues or grants, expenditures, lending minus repayments, domestic financing, foreign financing, domestic debt or total debt, and foreign debt.
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international organisation which fosters international monetary and financial cooperation and serves as a bank for central banks. It provides research and statistics on monetary policy and banking services.
Each country analysis provides forecast summaries for the country, economic performance, social indicators, general business climate, and eighteen-month and five-year political and economic forecasts. Annual.
Indexes otherwise hard to obtain research and publications from public policy think tanks, university research programs, research organizations, and publishers. Each item includes an abstract and, where available, access to the full-text of the report and/or the homepages and electronic mail addresses of the authoring institution.
Conference proceedings and working papers from participating institutes around the world. Includes the full text of books and book summaries, journal abstracts, links to websites and a calendar of conferences and seminars.
The online publications portal of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Contains books, journals, newsletters, statistical periodicals, reference works, and interactive statistical data tables in over 25 database products published since 1998. Text can be searched by theme or country. Statistics can be searched by title and theme. Statistical databases allow users to build their own tables from the latest data, draw graphs and tables, and download to Excel or as .csv files.
Web-based version of the index to Keesing's Record of World Events. This is an authoritative monthly digest of worldwide political, diplomatic and economic affairs since 1931.
Topics cover constitution and governance, legislation, economics, politics, foreign relations, elections, legal issues, social issues, disarmament and rearmament, terrorism, human rights, war, disasters, the environment, and science and technology.
Limited to 4 simultaneous users
An abstract of periodical articles on political science, government, international relations, and area studies. Indexes more than 1,000 international journals. The printed version (1951-1997) is available.
ProQuest Political Science covers the literature of political science and international relations, including such topics as comparative politics, political economy, international development, environmental policy, and hundreds of related topics.
Provides citations from books, journal articles, working papers, conference proceedings, and technical reports for 14 libraries in the Joint-Bank Library Network. IMF and World Bank publications are included.