Full-text publications from all academic areas of study, including the sciences, social sciences, humanities, education, computer science, engineering, language and linguistics, arts & literature, medical sciences, and ethnic studies.
Indexes book reviews and articles from English-language periodicals, including scholarly journals and numerous lesser-known but important specialized magazines. Covers a wide range of interdisciplinary fields (including sciences into the 1950s), represented in a broad array of humanities and social sciences journals.
Provides access to scholarly journals in the fields of literature and criticism, history, the visual and performing arts, cultural studies, education, political science, gender studies, economics and many others. Full text is available for titles marked with a green arrow.
Combines several of the Library's heavily used databases, including ProQuest Research Library, into one easy-to-search interface. Thousands of journals, newspapers, magazines, dissertations, working papers, and other scholarly content on a very broad range of topics and sources.
Conference proceedings and working papers from participating institutes around the world. Includes the full text of books and book summaries, journal abstracts, links to websites and a calendar of conferences and seminars.
The Open Knowledge Repository (OKR) is the official open access repository for research outputs and knowledge products from the World Bank.
- World Bank Group Annual Reports and Independent Evaluation Studies
- Books published by the World Bank Group including flagship publications, academic books and practitioner volumes;
- All World Development Reports (WDRs) plus recent WDR background papers;
- Journal articles published in World Bank Economic Review (WBER) and World Bank Research Observer (WBRO);
- Accepted manuscripts of Bank-authored journal articles from selected external publishers (after an embargo period if applicable);
- Metadata and links to Bank-authored external journal articles;
- Serial publications (typically data-intensive outlook reports);
- Policy Research Working Papers (PRWP)—a series of papers that disseminate findings of work in progress in order to encourage the exchange of ideas about development issues;
- Selected other papers of high research quality;
- Economic and Sector Work (ESW) studies—a series of analytical reports prepared by Bank staff. ESWs gather and evaluate information about a country’s economy and/or a specific sector;
- Knowledge Notes, providing short briefs that capture lessons of experience from Bank operations and research;
- The latest Country Opinion Surveys done in client countries for feedback on World Bank Group activities.
- Selected translated titles.
Indexes otherwise hard to obtain research and publications from public policy think tanks, university research programs, research organizations, and publishers. Each item includes an abstract and, where available, access to the full-text of the report and/or the homepages and electronic mail addresses of the authoring institution.
The Bibliography "Articoli italiani di periodici accademici (AIDA)" contains 345,500 articles in the humanities from 1,400 Italian periodicals. Publications from the entire spectrum of the humanities, including peripheral disciplines, are covered. The collaboration of Italian librarians ensures that the journals evaluated provide a representative selection of the current literature in the humanities and all related fields. AIDA is not simply an extract from the IBZ. The titles of articles are sorted and compiled by an Italian-speaking editor. AIDA is therefore an ideal supplement to the IBZ.
Full-text access to over 100 scholarly journals published in Germany or neighboring countries since the late 1700s. The journals are in German, English, or other European languages and date back to their first volumes. Fields most prominently represented are mathematics, literature, history, the arts, economics, and law. Other fields covered include education, geology, librarianship, music, religion, sciences, and sociology.