Finding primary sources can be tricky. There are basically five different ways to do it.
1. Search a primary source database.
2. Use library catalogs to find primary sources published in books.
3. Use the bibliographies of secondary sources.
4. Search for manuscript and archival materials.
5. Search an index (not full-text, but sometimes the best for the topic).
Try the database that best fits the time period and subject of your research. Not sure where to start? Ask!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial 4.0 International License. | Details of our policy