Simmons OneView contains consumer survey datas for large samplings of indiviudals and American households. Students can run cross tabulations of hundreds of consumer products and usage data for over 8,000 brands.
Why use Simmons?
Performing a simple product/ brand search:
1. Select the brands/products - generally it is best to place the product and brand variables in the column field.
2. Select the demographic/ psychologic variables - generally it is best to place these variable in the row field.
3. To run the cross-tabulation report, click the large blue "Run Crosstab" button at the top of the screen. The report will open another section
The most significant data in the results is the index data. This data tells you the product, brand, or media usage compared to the average. The base number for comparison is 100. A number above 100 is greater than average, and below 100 is less than average.
Simmons OneView is available as a Web application. In order to access Simmons OneView, you need a modern browser with the Adobe Flash 10 plug- in installed. Simmons OneView has been tested to work on the following browsers:
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
• Mozilla Firefox 3.5.2
Preliminary tests have been run on the following browsers but are not yet ready to certify them as working:
• Google Chrome 10 or higher
• Opera 11
• Safari 5
• Maxthon 3
• SpaceTime 1
Screen resolutions of 1024 x 768 or higher are recommended. Lower resolutions will work (as may be needed for projectors) but will require screen scrolling.
Downtime: Simmons software upgrades occur on Wednesdays - 9 PM ET - access restored as soon as possible, but Simmons reserves right to keep the system offline until 6 a.m. ET the following Thursday morning; System maintenance is also performed the first Saturday of each month between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. ET.
This example assumes one has retrieved data or otherwise built a cross-tabulation using Simmons' adult survey (NHCS)
Experian Simmons OneView. (2011). National Consumer Study. Retrieved from http://oneview.experian.com.