- Libraries & Spaces
To scan documents on the Multimedia Workstations in Gelardin New Media Center, use Adobe Acrobat X, the PDF creator on our computers. This will fulfill most of your scanning needs.
1. Place your item to be scanned facedown in the scanner. Close the scanner.
2. Double-click on the Adobe Acrobat X icon on the desktop.
3. In the upper-left hand corner you see a yellow sunburst icon and the word Create. Click Create and the hover over PDF from Scanner, which will lead you to different choices for scanning. Pick which is appropriate for your scan.
Use grayscale for documents that are black and white. Scanning this way will not allow you to edit text.
To scan images on the Multimedia Workstations in Gelardin New Media Center, use Adobe Photoshop CS6.
1. Place the image to be scanned facedown in the scanner. Close the scanner.
2. Open Adobe Photoshop CS6 located in the Adobe Design and Web Premium CS6 folder.
3. Go to File > Import > CanoScan 8800F.
4. The ScanGear window will appear. Now click the green Preview button. Once you're satisfied with the preview, you can then select the blue Scan button.
5. You can now manipulate or save images in Photoshop.